Early Childhood Classes & Training Calendar
Prepare for the GMAT with the only GMAT Test Prep Course in Albuquerque sponsored by UNM Continuing Education.
Join the successful MBA students who have benefitted from our GMAT Prep Course. We will help you improve your skills, confidence, and score, all of which increase your chance of admission into the MBA or other business program of your choice!
Receive 24 hours of expert in-classroom instruction on the Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, and Analytical Writing sections of the GMAT. This comprehensive course includes a review of the mathematical and verbal concepts tested on the GMAT and prepares you for the questions typically seen on this test. You will also strengthen the skills tested in both the Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing sections.
The GMAT Test Prep course includes expert instruction, a proven format, all required course materials, and access to diagnostic exams in one convenient, affordable package.
- Expert Instructors: Our test prep instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructors know the GMAT and care about helping you achieve your goal.
- Proven Strategies: The curriculum was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success.
- Superior Materials: The GMAT Prep Course includes The Official Guide for GMAT Review, GMATPrep® software, and the GMAT Course Workbook, designed to supplement the classroom lessons.
- Convenient Schedule Options: Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the campus of UNM Continuing Education in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Live-Online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.
Choose the Format That Works for You!
GMAT Test Prep classes are offered on campus in Albuquerque and online, giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that works best for you. Our classroom programs give you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting. Live-online classes offer the same great program as the traditional GMAT prep class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors with the added benefit of watching recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
The Live-Online GMAT Prep Course is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free. Course materials will be delivered directly to your home, or arrangements can be made for you to pick them up in person. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
Who Should Take the GMAT Test Prep Class?
The GMAT Prep class is ideal for anyone looking to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other business-related advanced degree within the next five years. Whether you are a recent grad or a returning professional, our course format will arm you with the quantitative and verbal skills you need to succeed on the GMAT. In addition to MBA programs, those pursuing master’s and doctoral degrees in business, economics, accounting, or other related fields of study may be required to sit for the GMAT.
Quantitative Topics Include:
- Strategies for handling math questions in the confusing data sufficiency format
- Approaches to math questions presented in abstract form
- Tactics for translating difficult real-world word problems into algebraic expressions or equations
- Review of the mathematical concepts tested in each of the GMAT quantitative formats
Verbal Topics Include:
- Spotting correct idiomatic speech in sentence completion problems
- Understanding the key components of arguments in critical reasoning problems
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
Integrated Reasoning Topics Include:
- Interpreting data from tables, graphs, text, and other sources
- Dealing with multiple questions about the same data
- Analyzing data from multiple columns for Two-Part Analysis questions
General Topics Include:
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
Session 1: Overview; Equations and Inequalities
Session 2: Picking Numbers; Data Sufficiency; Reading Comprehension—Global Items
Session 3: Number Properties; Critical Reasoning—Role, Weakener, Strengthener
Session 4: DS—Counting Variables; Exponents and Roots; Sentence Correction—Agreement, Verb Forms, Parallelism
Session 5: Fractions; Percents; Reading Comprehension—Local Items
Session 6: Rates and Ratios; Geometry; Critical Reasoning—Assumption, Inference, Explanation, Evaluation
Session 7: Integrated Reasoning; Sentence Correction—Logical Predication, Diction, Grammatical and Rhetorical Construction
Session 8: Integrated Reasoning; Coordinate Geometry; Statistics; Probability and Counting; Analytical Writing
About Our Program
UNM Continuing Education’s Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly trained, top-quality instructors.
Hear What Others Have Had to Say:
"I am so glad I decided to sign up for this class! I feel so much more ready to take the GMAT. (My) professor was amazing and so nice and helpful."
"I didn't expect to get this much out of the class, I just thought it would be strategies, but I learned to look at problems in a new way. This is a great class. I learned a lot of information in a short period of time. (I’m) glad that (the University) offers this test prep program."