Inclusion in Child Care
Including All Children in Early Childhood Programs
What is Inclusion? And why should we include?
- Inclusion is “including” children with special needs in your program
- Inclusion provides more positive child outcomes
- Inclusion builds a community of acceptance
Do you have or care for children who are receiving special services?
- Technical assistance on IEP or IFSP service plans
- Facilitated collaboration among all service agencies and parents
- On site consultation for including and assessing a child’s particular needs
Do you have or care for children who you feel should be considered for services?
- Professional observation and consultation of a child’s development
- Written referrals and recommendations
- Collaboration with parents and providers
Do you have or care for children with challenging behaviors?
- Professional observation for the behavior and the environment
- On site consultation for implementing changes and support for including children with challenging behavior
What is an Inclusion Specialist?
- A professional that links parents and child care providers with resources, services and trainings
- A professional that provides strategies for including all children into any early childhood program
Linda Littlewolf: 505-277-6031
Sheryl Faulconer: 505-277-1260