Human Resources Management
Are you seeking a career in a high-demand field with plenty of opportunity for advancement? In this online Human Resources Management program, you'll master all the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in the popular field of human resources. In addition, this program will prepare you to take the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam, with Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) as the certifying body.
Human Resources Professional Certificate — Online
Possible Careers Include:
- HR Generalist
- Recruiter and HR Generalist
- HR Representative
- HR Assistant
- HR Specialist
This program will prepare you for a career as a Human Resources professional. Additionally, you can prepare to take the PHR, Professional in Human Resources certification exam with HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute) as the certifying body.
In this program you’ll explore everything from the basics of HR to specific areas such as planning and strategizing, human resource laws, hiring disciplines, and labor relations. You’ll also obtain a reference manual of HR documents. By the time you’re done, you’ll be fully prepared to begin your career in this exciting and challenging field. You will even receive instruction and insight on how to obtain an internship or externship upon the completion of the program.
What Will I Learn?
This program is designed to prepare experienced Human Resource Professionals for the PHR certification. While preparing you for topics included on the exam, you will cover a comprehensive review of Human Resources practices.
- Contribute to company strategy planning
- Handle recruitment, performance appraisals, and establish training processes
- Explain the strategic decisions that affect compensation, as well as the different job evaluation methods
- Master technical and operational aspects of HR practices, including U.S. laws and regulations regarding employment practices
- Know and understand OSHA rules governing employee health and safety
- Be able to implement retention strategies and when to integrate either tangible or intangible rewards programs
In addition, you will be fully prepared to take the PHR exam, with HRCI as the certifying body.
Note: There are no prerequisites for taking this program, other than basic computer knowledge.
If you are planning to take the PHR exam, with HRCI as the certifying body, after completing the program, you will need one of the following:
- One year of demonstrated professional HR, exempt-level experience with a master's degree or higher
- Two years of demonstrated professional HR, exempt-level experience with a bachelor's degree
- Four years of demonstrated professional HR, exempt-level experience with less than a bachelor's degree
Tuition Assistance may be available if you are unemployed, a veteran or veteran’s spouse, or a person with a disability. Other options include education loans. For more funding options, and contact information, please visit our Loans and Financial Aid page.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty and Retirees: You may use your Tuition Remission for all Professional Development classes.