Funding Resources

Tuition assistance may be available if you are unemployed, a veteran or veteran’s spouse, active military, or a person with a disability. Education loans are also available. Below is a list of funding resources and contact information.

Application and Registration Process

  1. From the list below, identify the funding source(s) that may apply to you. Contact the funding source(s) directly to determine your eligibility.
  2. Contact our registration department to complete a student advisement form and any other required paperwork.
  3. Use the completed advisement form to work with your selected funder as required.
  4. Contact us when you’ve received your award as required.
  5. A copy of your advisement form along with any funding paperwork will be forwarded to the UNM Continuing Education registration office where you will be registered for classes. You will receive class registration confirmation via email.

Funding Sources

WIOA serves individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, youth/young adults, veterans/veteran spouses, and individuals with disabilities. WIOA funding provides training funds for jobs in demand.

Visit the Workforce Connection of Central New Mexico website for more information.

WIOA Contact Information

Education benefits are available for veterans, active duty, reserves, and National Guard military personnel.

Educational Benefits for Veterans

  • Post 9/11 GI Bill® – Chapter 33
  • Montgomery GI Bill ® – Active Duty – Chapter 30
  • Montgomery GI Bill ® – Active Duty – Chapter 1606
  • Montgomery GI Bill® – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) – Chapter 1607
  • Vocational Rehabilitation (VR&E) – Chapter 31
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) – Chapter 35
  • Transferring Post 9/11 Chapter 33 Benefits to your Dependents

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), this educational institution adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA.  This educational institution will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;
  • Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
  • Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
  • Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
  • Provide a written request to be certified;
  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies 

If you are a veteran and you're not sure whether you qualify for VA educational benefits, call the toll free number, 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or go to the VA website.


DVR provides assistance for those who have an impairment which “constitutes a substantial impediment to employment."

Learn more about the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation

For more information, visit

The MyCAA program provides financial assistance for military spouses.


(school code: 002663-98)
Contact: (888) 279-7172

Check with your employer’s Human Resource office for tuition reimbursement or assistance programs. If your employee benefit is listed in terms of credit hours, one credit hour equals 16 contact hours, the number of hours you actually spend in class.

Your employer may pay for your professional training with a credit card, company check, or Purchase Order.

If you are a UNM employee, faculty or retiree, you may use your UNM Tuition Remission benefit for all UNM Continuing Education's classes. See our Tuition Remission page for benefit details.

Have Questions? Contact us:

(505) 277-0077