Active Shooter Survival Course
This one-day course is designed to provide the knowledge necessary to survive and active shooter situation (a real possibility in today's world) by means of escape, concealment or self-defense. Re-enactment immersion scenarios designed to re-create the environment of an active shooter will help develop your immediate response necessary to survive the attack. Prevention, preparedness, response and aftermath action are covered during this course. Note: Open to everyone including government employees, corporate employees, law enforcement, EMS, and private and public school officials.
Date: 6/24/17; 9:00am-4:00pm
Location: UNMCE North Building, Albuquerque, NM
Topics Covered in the Course are KRAV MAGA Based Tactics:
- The Threat is Real! Current Threat of Transnational Terrorism
- Protection and Survival Strategies
- Active Shooter Trends and History in the United States
- Definition, Mentality, Objective and Phases of an Active Shooter
- Psychology of Survival & the Warriors Survival Mentality
- Law Enforcement & School Threat Preparation, Response, and After Action
- FIGHT: Defensive Hand-to-Hand Survival Tactics (KRAV MAGA Based)
- High Stress Inoculation - Live Active Shooter Immersion Scenarios for Police and School Personnel
- Certificate of Completion & Class Picture
Please be aware that several videos will be shown during training that contain graphic segments of actual Active Shooters.
Tuition Assistance may be available if you are unemployed, a veteran or veteran’s spouse, or a person with a disability. Other options include education loans. For more funding options, and contact information, please visit our Loans and Financial Aid page.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty and Retirees: You may use your Tuition Remission for all Professional Development classes.