You are ready for graduate school. Let us help you take the first step to an advanced degree! The GRE Test Prep course from UNM Continuing Education will give you the skills and confidence you need to maximize your performance on the GRE. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
UNM Continuing Education Test Prep is here to help you learn about the GRE revised General Test and to give you the skills and tools you need to maximize your potential. Our updated, comprehensive program covers each of the three main sections of the GRE revised General exam—Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. We will walk you through each section and prepare you for all of the question types you are likely to encounter on test day.
GRE Prep Classes Offer:
- Expert Instructors: Our highly trained instructors are here for you! Our experienced instructors understand the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
- Proven strategies: Our revised GRE program was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
- Superior Materials: The GRE Prep Course includes: The Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test, published by ETS, the official GRE provider. You also receive the GRE Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and software (also distributed by ETS) that includes multiple practice items and tests.
- Convenient Schedule Options: Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the campus of UNM Continuing Education in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our Live-Online class offers you the opportunity to take the class from anywhere at any time.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success. UNM Employees may use Tuition Remission to cover the tuition.
Get ready for graduate school with 24 hours of quality live-online instruction. The program is delivered in an easy to follow format and taught by an expert instructor. This interactive class is designed to provide you with the skills necessary to succeed on each section of the GRE. Live lessons give you the opportunity to participate in class discussions and in-class learning exercises. Each session is recorded so that you can watch and review the lessons on your own time. Course materials are included and shipped directly to you.
Note: Tuition Remission eligible under Professional Development.
Course Number: 23160 | Tuition: $749
GRE Test Prep
This comprehensive GRE prep class covers each of the three main sections of the GRE revised General Test - Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. This 24 hour classroom program will prepare you for all of the question types you are likely to encounter on the GRE. This course is designed for returning students, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students looking for assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. All required course materials are included with this program.
Note: Tuition remission eligible under Professional Development.
Course Number: 23155 | Tuition: $749
Choose the Format That Works for You!
GRE Test Prep classes are offered on campus in Albuquerque and online, giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that works best for you. Our classroom programs give you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting. Live-online classes offer the same great program as the traditional GRE prep class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors with the added benefit of watching recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
The Live-Online GRE Prep Course is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed Internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free. Course materials will be delivered directly to your home, or arrangements can be made for you to pick them up in person. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
Who Should Take the GRE Test Prep Class?
The GRE Prep class is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: Education, the physical and life sciences, engineering, social work, public administration, and business. Many MBA programs now also accept the GRE.
Quantitative Topics Include:
- Solution strategies, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Verbal Test topics include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
Session 1: General Information; Quantitative Comparison
Session 2: Equations and Inequalities; Reading Comprehension
Session 3: Picking Numbers for Multiple Choice Items; Reading Comprehension
Session 4: Number Properties; Exponents; Reading Comprehension
Session 5: Fractions; Text Completion
Session 6: Geometry: Lines, Angles, and Triangles; Geometry: Circles and Polygons; Text Completion
Session 7: Geometry: Three-Dimensional Figures and the Coordinate Plane; Sentence Equivalence
Session 8: Data Interpretation; Analytical Writing; Sentence Equivalence
About Our Program
The UNMCE Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly trained, top-quality instructors. Learn more about Educational Testing Consultants at www.etctestprep.com.
Hear What Others Have Had to Say:
"...Upon taking the class, doing the work, and using the techniques provided in the class my score went up 100 points on the verbal and 50 points on the quantitative areas. This class was concise, educational, and very beneficial."
"I truly don't think I would have passed the exam without your class. You were very supportive and provided many insightful tips for strategies on taking the exam. I am extremely satisfied with my results and I know the course was worth every penny."
Tuition Assistance may be available if you are unemployed, a veteran or veteran’s spouse, or a person with a disability. Other options include education loans. For more funding options, and contact information, please visit our Loans and Financial Aid page.
UNM Tuition Remission
UNM Staff, Faculty and Retirees: You may use your Tuition Remission for all Professional Development classes.