Main Menu

Financial Aid & Loans

Tuition assistance may be available if you are unemployed, a veteran or veteran’s spouse, active military, or a person with a disability. Education loans are also available. Below is a list of funding resources and contact information.

Feel free to schedule an appointment for advisement with one of our program supervisors to help you choose the training you need. After you have identified your funding options, we'll make sure that you have all of the information you need to complete any required paperwork. You’ll find a list of program staff with their specialized areas of responsibility and contact information at the end of this resource list.

Application and Registration Process

  1. From the list below, identify the funding source(s) that may apply to you. Contact the funding source(s) directly to determine your eligibility.
  2. Contact the appropriate UNM Continuing Education program supervisor to complete a student advisement form and any other required paperwork.
  3. Use the completed advisement form to work with your selected funder as required.
  4. Contact your program supervisor when you’ve received your award as required.
  5. A copy of your advisement form along with any funding paperwork will be forwarded to the UNM Continuing Education registration office where you will be registered for classes. You will receive class registration confirmation via email.

NOTE: Most funders have attendance and course completion requirements. It’s important that you contact your program supervisor immediately if you encounter any problems, need a change in class schedule, or have any concerns.

Download the Loans & Financial Aid Information PDF


Workforce Investment Act (WIA)

WIA is for those who are unemployed or laid off. WIA funding provides training funds for jobs in demand.

Department of Workforce Solutions

NM DWS Website

NM DWS Office Locations & Contact Information

Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

DVR provides assistance for those who have an impairment which “constitutes a substantial impediment to employment."

Learn more about the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation

DVR Local Contacts:

Albuquerque Central Office (San Mateo)
5301 Central NE, Suite 1600
Albuquerque, NM 87108
(505) 841-6450
(866) 526-0863

Albuquerque Lomas Office
111 Lomas Blvd NW, Suite 422
Albuquerque, NM 87102
(505) 383-2500
(888) 818-3259

Albuquerque Quail Office
5205 Quail Rd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87120
(505) 836-1774
(888) 818-3263

Albuquerque South Valley Office
1710 Rio Bravo SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105
(505) 877-7673
(888) 815-2981

Belen Office
911 Castillo Ave
Belen, NM 87002
(505) 864-1617
(888) 901-7902

Rio Rancho Office
3791 Southern SE, Suite 210
Rio Rancho, NM 87174
(505) 896-4500
(866) 585-5446

Santa Fe Office
2540 Camino Edward Ortiz, Suite B
Santa Fe, NM 87507
(505) 827-3526
(800) 773-4072


For more information, visit

Veterans Administration (VA), Active Military

Education benefits are available for veterans, active duty, reserves, and National Guard military personnel.

More information regarding VA benefits


Local Contacts:

UNM Veteran's Resource Center
UNM Student Union Building (SUB), Suite 2002
MSC03 2215
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Phone: 505-277-3181

Albuquerque Vet Center
1600 Mountain Road NW 
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Phone: 505-346-6562
Fax: 505-346-6572

Department of Veteran's Affairs - Albuquerque Regional Benefit Office
500 Gold Avenue SW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone: 800-827-1000

Military OneSource

Phone: 800-342-9647

My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

MyCAA is for spouses of active duty military personnel. 


Military OneSource
Phone: 800-342-9647


SallieMae Smart Option Student Loans

(school code: 002663-98)
Contact: (888) 279-7172

Wells Fargo Education Connection Loan

Contact: (800) 378-5526

Employee Tuition Reimbursement or Assistance Programs

Check with your employer’s Human Resource office for tuition reimbursement or assistance programs. If your employee benefit is listed in terms of credit hours, one credit hour equals 16 contact hours, the number of hours you actually spend in class.

Tuition Reimbursement for Employees who qualify

Website: your company website under employee benefits

Local Contact: your Human Resources Office

Preauthorized Third Party Pay

Your employer may pay for your professional training with a credit card, company check, or Purchase Order.
For further information on third party payments on behalf of students, please contact:

Kara Camp
Phone: (505) 277-1741

UNM Employee Tuition Remission

If you are a UNM employee or retiree, you may use your UNM Tuition Remission benefit for approved classes. Approved classes include all Business and Technology classes and some Growth and Enrichment classes.
See our Tuition Remission page for benefit details.