Discounts, Transfers, Refunds
UNM Continuing Education Discounts
A 10% discount is available towards the enrollment fees for UNM Continuing Education non-credit classes, for:
- Anyone registering for three or more classes at the same time
- Organizations registering three or more employees in the same class
- Senior citizens age 65 or older with proof of age (also available online)
- UNM students with a valid UNM ID
- Couples Rates are available for some Dance and Personal Finance classes. The Couples Rate is considered a discount, and all rules apply.
- Some restrictions may apply. See below.
The above discounts are available with phone-in or walk-in registration only. With the exception of some course series and the Senior discount, these discounts are not available with online registration. Discount is available only at original time of registration. Discount is not transferable, cumulative or applicable to any in-class materials, books or special fees.
For third-party funded students, the standard discounts offered may not apply.
The above discounts may NOT be applied for the Story of New Mexico, including the Lecture Series or Field Trips; Osher courses; the Substance Abuse Studies Training Program; select Business & Technology courses, or online courses from our vendor partners —Skillsoft, Ed2go, Gatlin, CareerStep, or Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy. Other courses may be subject to restrictions; inquire with Registration Office.
In addition, individual Business & Technology programs (including select certificate programs) may offer special discounts or incentives. These discounts vary from semester to semester. See individual program information for complete details. Some restrictions may apply; inquire with Registration Office.
Transfers from one non-credit course to another can be made at least three business days prior to start of class.
A student may request a transfer in lieu of requesting a refund.Contact us in person, by phone, fax, mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer policy for Cooking classes with Personal Enrichment: Students who wish to transfer their registration from one cooking class to another must do so at least three days prior to the start date of the class in which they are already enrolled. There will be an additional $20.00 transfer fee for those students transferring after that time.
All Apple Creative Professional classes require a written request 14 days prior to the start date to drop a class or transfer to another section. Exams are non-refundable.
How to submit a written request for refund
Your tuition, minus a $15 cancellation fee per non-credit class, will be refunded if a WRITTEN request is RECEIVED by our Registration Office THREE business days prior to the first scheduled class. This request may be delivered in person to our Registration Office, faxed to 505-277-1990, or mailed to:
In Person: Submit your request in writing to 1634 University Blvd. NE, just North of Indian School on the east side of the street. Go to the Registration Office in the South Building.
UNM Continuing Education
MSC07 4030, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Phone requests will not be accepted.
This policy applies to all registrations, whatever method of payment. UNMCE does not typically issue refunds of $20.00 or less. Amounts less than $20.00 are usually provided a credit toward a future UNM Continuing Education class.
- A SERIES in business and technology programs will be treated as a class, and thus withdrawal from a series must be done THREE business days in advance of the FIRST class session.
- There are no refunds for courses that are delivered via our online vendors including Gatlin, Ed2Go, Skillsoft, CareerStep or Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy.
- Test vouchers, discounted software, and exams, including Apple Pro exams, purchased through UNM Continuing Education are non-refundable.
- All Apple Creative Pro classes require a written request 14 days prior to the start date of the class to drop or transfer to another class.
- Other refund policies may apply to conferences, educational trips and tours, Story of New Mexico and other special programs. Information will accompany the special program brochure or flyer when these policies apply.
- Gift Certificate purchases are non-refundable.
Immediate cash refunds are not given for withdrawal from a class or when a class is canceled. Per UNM policy, if payment was made with cash or check, a social security number is required for a refund. If a refund is due or if overpayment has been made by check, there is a 21 business day hold period from the payment receipt date before the refund is processed. Credit card refunds will be credited to the original charge card used in the initial enrollment transaction.